Many would-be home buyers – particularly those who are self-employed – sit on the sidelines for fear they won’t qualify for a mortgage.
But those fears may be unwarranted. Self-employed buyers make up a huge share of today’s home purchases, and lenders are making it easier than ever for them to qualify.
Are you self-employed and looking to buy a home? A few things may help smooth the buying process:
- Choose a bank statement loan, which allows you to qualify based on cash flow, not W-2s or paystubs
- Have at least two years of self-employment income on your tax returns
- Leverage a great credit score or have a significant down payment
The Perks of Buying a Home in Winter
The weather’s dreary and it’s a pain to go outside, but there’s one thing winter has going for it: it’s a great time buy a house.
For home buyers, winter brings:
- Less competition
- Lower home prices
- More room for negotiation
- More available vendors (real estate agents, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, etc.)
- Special incentives (especially with new construction)
There’s also the perk of seeing homes during the harshest of conditions. How does the home hold up? Are there issues with the heating or landscaping that will need to be handled?
If you’re thinking of buying a home this winter, let me know. I’ll help you get you through the process.
New to the Market
1574 W Calle Del Ducado, Green Valley, AZ 85622
2 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | 1,705 Square Feet | Listing ID 21928400
Steal away moments of togetherness amidst the tranquility of your private front courtyard. Enjoy the energy of every silent sunrise & sunset from the 2 sided rear patio w/ panoramic views to the north of the Santa Ritas, perfect for entertaining. Experience the elegance of this updated, well maintained home. The kitchen boasts granite C-Tops & Merillat cabinets. Some major upgrades include a new PEC plumbing system, Maytag washer & dryer, 3 new slider doors, window treatments, kitchen, bath & shower fixtures, patio fans, dining room chandelier & ceramic wood like tile flooring! New upgrades include new slate kitchen appliances, french doors to the den, ceiling & bathroom exhaust fans, distressed painted master & guest bathroom cabinets. Plenty of storage in the 2 car golf cart garage!
Why 2019 is the Time to Get Out of the Rent Race
If you’re on the fence about buying a home, now’s the time to hop off.
With national rents at all-time highs, American renters are now paying more than ever to live on someone else’s property. On top of this, renting also means:
- Less design freedom and flexibility
- Little privacy, peace and quiet
- Parking, space and storage issues
- Building equity for someone else (not yourself!)
- No long-term ROI or credit benefit, despite making on-time payments
With rents only continuing to rise (meaning saving money for a down payment is getting harder), there’s never been a better time to get out of the rent race.